|No. of Position||1|
|Experience||3 - 8 yrs|
|Education||Masters degree / Graduation in Marketing|
The Admissions Counsellor represents Vidyashilp University to prospective students and organizations and works to increase inquiries and convert applications into enrolled students. The successful admissions counsellor exhibits superior interpersonal skills and professionalism throughout daily interactions and communications with students including interviews, phone calls, emails and information sessions. The admission counsellor must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators and staff.
Essential Duties and reponsibilities
- Ability to work on a registration deadline, strive towards University-wide enrolment goals and use outstanding relationship skills to recruit students to the University’s programs.
- Develop and update a database of teachers, administrators, and contact people with whom workshops and information sessions can be booked. Network with new contacts to help increase inquiry production.
- Complete weekly activity report to include documentation of recruitment/outreach activities and student appointments.
- Utilize phone, email, and mail to communicate with prospective students in a timely manner, providing superior student service.
- Work with prospective students to garner completed application files prior to enrolment and efforts to increase retention.
- Become familiar with working territory and demographics of cities/towns in that area to best reach the student population for Vidyashilp University
- Collaborate with our growing alumni network to develop new student/professional networks, garner student referrals. Alumni are to be utilized at information sessions, outreaches, phoning etc.
- Arranging campus tours and conducting information sessions.
- Maintaining accurate and current knowledge of educational legislation, trends, developments, and resources.
- Ability to work independently, and to arrange information sessions, set appointments and promote the University in a positive manner.
- Ability to follow the expectation of treating fellow employees, students and the institution’s guests with civility, and to refrain from activities that disrupt the efficient functioning of the University.
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks accurately as well as accept supervisory input and constructive criticism.
- Master’s degree preferable, Bachelor’s degree is a minimum requirement.
- Experience in university admissions is preferred.
- Familiarity with university programs, majors, admissions requirements and processes, and scholarship and financial aid resources.
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and people reading skills.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized.